Since Musikfest is probably the most popular and anticipated music festival in the entire Lehigh Valley area, it’s no surprise at all that each year gets bigger and better, featuring more performers, new venues, more family fun, more food, and things you won’t find anywhere else!
Musikfest takes place in the heart of Bethlehem, attracting the area’s residents as well as people from surrounding cities to enjoy the nation’s largest free, non-gated music festival. 2012 marks the 29th year for this 10-day event, taking place August 3-12.
Whether you’re one of the thousands who flock to Musikfest every year or will be making this your debut visit, it’s always fun to learn what’s new and why it’s going to be better than previous years.
Here’s what’s new for Musikfest 2012:
- The POSTER – Each year the anticipation grows to get that first peek of the poster that will be the banner for the entire event. Designing something that encompasses what Musikfest is about is one of the most important components.
- Additional Music Venue – When guests arrive at Musikfest 2012, they’ll discover an additional music venue where they can enjoy great, free music now that ArtsQuest Center’s Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas will host concerts throughout the festival, starting at 5pm each night.
- More Performances – 2012 boasts more than 510 performances by 318 performers!
- No Admission at The Musikfest Cafe – this year there will be free concerts during the PNC Series, featuring shows by popular local and regional artists such as Craig Kastelnick & Friends, Tommy Zito, Lucky 7and Mike Dugan & The Blues Mission.
- FREE Musikfest App – Now you can download a guide to everything happening at Musikfest.
- DANCENOW SteelStacks – Some of New York City’s most exciting dance innovators are coming to Musikfest this year to perform at the ArtsQuest Center Creativity Commons. Get your dance on!
- More Fun for Kids and Teens Than Ever – This is one of the biggest changes to Musikfest, with even more children’s rides at Banana Island. For teens, there will be a skateboarding demo, dance competition, and a dance party!
- 2 Free Parking and Charging Stations for Electric Cars
- Extra Perk for ArtsQuest Members – As a thank you for the support of ArtsQuest members, the 4th floor of the Musikfest Café will serve as one of the festival’s official member lounges. Membership cards are required for entry.
What’s your favorite part about Musikfest?
Contact Barb Bottitta for any and all of your Lehigh Valley area questions, as well as real estate needs, as I am always happy to help in any way that I can! You can also connect with me on my Facebook Page for events and happenings in the Lehigh Valley area, as well as home ownership tips, real estate market updates, and so much more!
Here’s a look at the homes for sale in the Lehigh Valley.